Dog Walks South Scotland
Welcome to the pack!
Every region of South Scotland has its own character. From the ‘Garden of Scotland’ in East Lothian to the dark skies of Galloway and unrestricted sandy beaches, there’s something for all dogs and their humans…
With 6,000 miles of coastline – 10,000 including the strings of islands – and more than 30,000 lochs, Scotland is the perfect adventure. You and your dog will love exploring the diverse landscape bound by some of the rarest rocks in the world. There is so much to see and do, so take your time! The sunniest place in Scotland is East Lothian and, of course, the west benefits from the Gulf Stream, meaning you’ll find starfish and palm trees on the isle coasts
In this book you will find a variety of walks across South Scotland, all graded with local information, maps and added comfort factor, plus local places to stay and eat. Many of the walks are rich in history, unique sites of interest and wildlife and ALL with views.
• 20 in-depth, illustrated route guides, including maps
• All routes are dog-friendly, avoiding stiles or deer fences
• ‘Hidden gem’ walks listed just a quick hop from main road routes
• Useful factfiles, distance and dog-friendly places to eat and stay
• Must-have gear, local advice and safety information
FREE UK POSTAGE DELIVERY
Available online: www.dogfriendly.co.uk, www.walking-books.com/Scotland
Local stockists: Craigdon Mountain Sports, Edinburgh. Kesley's, Haddington